Areas of work
• Teach English in a Our Nightingale Primary School
• Care for our children in the New Home and teach extra-curricular activities
• Be a part of our fundraising and event planning by sharing your ideas and putting them into action!
• Initiate further action for a rural community project in Jalandhar, assisting and caring for HIV/AIDS affected families.
• Hrs of work (35+), routine, meals, weekends, fun!
• Jalandhar facts, useful info
The following is not included in our fees:
• International airfare
• Travel insurance
• Visa fee
• Local sightseeing
• Visa advice. Obtaining the relevant visa is solely the responsibility of the volunteer. We cannot give advice, as it is country-specific, and therefore you should contact your local embassy directly.
• Health and Vaccinations. Please allow at least 8 weeks before your departure to seek relevant medical advice and vaccinations from your local clinic. View your country Government website for the latest update and medical advice for India.
• Airport pick-up a representative of Friendship With World will meet you upon arrival.
• The following day of your arrival we will introduce you to Friendship With World and the specific project in which you will be working. This will include an orientation briefing of your work and an introduction at the Friendship With World office.